Saturday, October 3, 2009

Family Prayer


The time for the Marine Band's 2009 West Coast Tour has come. I departed yesterday and won't be back until Nov 3. The tours used to be seven weeks long and and I'm grateful that they're only four weeks long now. However, four weeks sure seems like a long time to be away from Karen and the girls. Yesterday, before my departure, the Johnson family along with Grandma and Grandpa Jay and Careen (who flew out to help Karen) knelt down to have a family prayer. Karen started to say a beautiful and heartfelt prayer which was emotional and touching. My tender emotions got interrupted slightly by some odd noises coming from the bathroom. I opened one of my eyes and noticed that Audrey had excused herself. The odd noises got louder. They were grunting and labored breathing type of noises followed by a few "doink...doinks." Thanks for keeping the mood light, little Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment